Monday, April 10, 2006

Exchange City


Friday, we went to Exchange City, in Owings Mills, as a field trip. All the kids had jobs, paychecks, breaks, insurance to pay for, donations to make, and a checkbook to balance. Sean was a popcorn maker in the Snack Shop. I heard he was a very responsible worker and citizen. I was stuck in City Hall, which was a very hectic, and loud, place to be.










This was our Defense Attorney. She was making follow-up calls to all the businesses that got fined, for failing their property inspections. Hey, we had a loan to pay off by the end of the day, we needed those fines paid.










This was the view of the city from the doorway of City Hall.














Back at the Snack Shop, Troy looks thrilled to be cleaning. Those poor kids had a LOT of cleaning to do, since we all ate our lunches in their cafe.















A view of the Broadcast Center and Post Office.













Goofing off.















Sean P. and Sean F. doing, yet more cleaning.















Back at City Hell (I mean HALL) is one of our responsible business owners, paying the mayor his fine.














Setting up for the big lunch rush.













Our Mayor. Sorry I didn't get pics of the other shops, I was actually WORKING! There were 14 places of business all together. I don't know about the kids, but I came home with a headache and in need of a drug induced sleep, which I never got.

No comments: