Monday, October 31, 2011

Heidelberg


So, one day we decided to visit the town of Heidelberg. The best part was the castle, but you won't get those pictures just yet. These photos are of the area surrounding the castle - mostly restaurants and shops. Here is charming little alley way.














Here is Sean looking thru the gate leading to the castle courtyard.
















Exterior of the church. Notice there are stalls along the lower level selling all sorts of useless touristy stuff. Oh, I think I see Sean and Jeff way down in the left hand corner there.















There were hundreds of restaurants there to choose from, and I am not even exaggerating. The one we went to was cute and dark inside and served lots of meat and gravy, so of course, Jeff and Sean were happy.










This is the restaurant's exterior.










We went inside the church and they had lit a bunch of candles as a remembrance to something, but I forget what.











Lots of happy people milling about on the street.














I don't know if anyone would actually purchase and then dare to wear these costumes, but they are sort of cute.










Back at the restaurant, I was eating potato pancakes with applesauce and bacon. Just what I like.














One of the stores had an orange Christmas tree display, which was a delight because I never get enough orange at Christmas time.














Cute bumblebee glass ornaments....in ORANGE!













It's been a while since I've seen this many clocks on one wall - just lovely.











This was a display of figurines that you could buy and set up in different situations. Here we see a garden theme, but they had other ones. The store I was in had signs all over that said you couldn't take photos. Sorry to say that I did it anyway.








Another wall of clocks - honestly, these were everywhere. It makes my one little clock at home look terribly lonely.





No comments: