Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Charleston 2




We stopped by the Charleston Fire Dept. on Meeting Street, to get Jake a shirt. It was a very nice old building. There is a statue on the side, honoring the fallen ones. There was also a fountain because everyone MUST have a fountain - I think it's a law. A damn good law.

















Inside, were some pretty neat vehicles. I don't know anything about vintage fire fighting autos, but this has a 1930's look to it.












This one looks to have been from the time of horses or steam.















Inside shot of the garage, with a real fire pole in the left back corner. By the way, I suck. I can't find the pics we took of the building's exterior. Below is a link to a photo someone else took. I hope it works.
http://www.legeros.com/history/charleston/images/262-meeting.jpg

No comments: