Thursday, June 11, 2009

PA




A bunch of us went to Philly last weekend for a day. We had the most perfect weather you could ask for. Our first stop was Bartram's Garden. Here is a picture of Jake standing in the middle of Mr. Bartram's stone cider press. Mr. Bartram did not mind - he was dead at the time.








I asked Jake to poke a stick into the cider reservoire to see how deep it was. I can't imagine how they kept that thing clean. Maybe they just didn't.




We also walked the streets of Philly and stopped into Besty Ross's house. Here is a photo of her tombstone that she shares with her also dead husband. (I heard he was always riding her coattails). That lady lived to be 84! Her rented house was really small and charming.
Can you believe these are the only pictures I took - I am so mad at myself. We are going to Mt. Vernon next month, I'll do better there.
Bye,
Amy


No comments: